Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In Kosovo



The soldier lies his weary head, upon his pillow tonight.
As heart goes A.W.O.L. until the morning light.
He's returning home, to his sweet wife's arms,
Away from this war, all of its harms.

He's with his Angel, watching over her as she sleeps.
Brushing away the tears, she softly weeps.
Running his fingers, through her fragrant hair.
Kissing softly the lips, of his beloved Angel fair.

Whispering, "I love you, more than I can say."
"Oh treasure of my heart, answer to the prayers I pray."
"You're never alone, oh darling it's true."
"Every day you’re with me, every night I run back to you."

"We cherish each other, more than the air we breathe"
"These stains upon our pillows, are the proof we leave."
"That even though war, tries to force us apart,"
"Love holds us fast, soul to soul-heart to heart."

And as reveille awakens, the soldier from his sleep
His beloved counts stains, instead of sheep.
“It wasn’t a dream! It was him it’s true!”
And then she whispers, “Hooah Soldier...I love you…"
 
 Russ Pergram

No comments:

Post a Comment