Monday, December 7, 2009

Christian Sinner


Today I’ll betray you my Lord
Again I’ll willfully sin
Use the hammer of my selfishness
My pride to crucify you again.

I know you forgive me
I know you love me too
But Lord I am so ashamed
I can’t stop crucifying you.

“Am I really your son?”
“Am I really that weak?”
“Is my faith real?”
“Or just words I speak”

I can’t face you Lord
Can’t look you in the eye
Can’t ask forgiveness again
For tomorrow I know that I

Will fail you yet again
Again nail you to that tree
Fail my God, my Creator
Oh Lord, can’t you see?

I am a prodigal child
An immature, foolish son
Who cannot excuse
The foolish things I’ve done

I cannot forgive myself
For abusing your grace
For I am a Christian sinner
Lost and out of place.


Russ Pergram

No comments:

Post a Comment