Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Eve Night



On Christmas Eve night, my eyes will search the eastern sky.
And for a brief moment, my heart my soul and I
Will kneel beside a manger, one cold winters night,
Bathed in the radiance, of loves precious light.

A babe will be cooing, snuggled to his mother’s breast,
As angels and wise men, oxen and sheep do attest,
This newborn baby, precious, innocent little lamb
Lying in our midst’s, is the omnipotent "I AM."

Then shall my obstinate heart, humble it’s pride,
Cast away arrogance, in God’s mercy confide.
“I am a sinner, who was saved by the grace,
Of a child born long ago, in a faraway place.”

Oh indeed I shall worship Him! Come Christmas day.
Heart and soul praise Him! Through reverent lips of clay.
The Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end,
Who on Christmas day, came to save a friend.

Russ Pergram

No comments:

Post a Comment