Saturday, September 25, 2010

When I'm Blind


Sitting here thinking of you
Suddenly it occurs to me
Oh Angel, though I were blind?
Your beauty I could see.

Even if I'd never seen
Your ravishing eyes of blue.
Never basked in your smile
Still it would be true.

I would love you no matter
For you are the epitome of grace.
My heart would see your light
Recognize you, anytime anyplace.

Yes, you are a beautiful woman!
One that's exciting to me.
And yes, when I see you
I thank God I can see!

But I thank God even more,
For the inspiration of your heart.
The way you enlighten mine
Illuminating every part

Of what it truly means to love,
To be so purged by it's fire
I can see the grace of love's majesty 
And the selfishness of my desire.

See how beautiful you are?
How you enlighten heart and mind?
Oh Angel, I do see and love you
Even when I'm blind...

 Russ Pergram

No comments:

Post a Comment