Monday, February 22, 2010

Judgment Day


Into the darkness I descended,
…as all the while I pretended,
….my life need not be defended.
Oh what a fool was I!

Oh, how easy to fall away,
…to live my life day by day,
….live it my own way,
…..as if I'd never die.

Oh how easy to believe that lie,
…to pretend I'll never die,
….never once considering why,
…..my heart could be so blind.

Oh how bitter too late to find,
…what goes around repays in kind,
….that heart and soul, even mind,
  …..
upon truth and justice will be cast.

Foolishly, I thought I might out last,
…evade the consequences of my past,
….ah, but never a lie's so fast,
…..it can out run time.

So here I am, awaiting the chime,
…of judgments rhythm to my rhyme,
….guilty of the most heinous crime,
  ….. of arrogance on judgment day...


Russ Pergram

No comments:

Post a Comment